You’ve decided that carpet is the best flooring choice for your home. Now what? There’s a lot to consider and many great options from which to choose. Today’s carpet offers a wide variety of choices in style, fiber composition and color. Here is some information that will help you find the perfect carpet for your needs.
Where to Start
Before purchasing carpet, you should answer the following questions:
- How is the room going to be used?
- Will it have heavy or light traffic?
- Will the room be the center of activity for family and entertaining?
- Is there direct access from outside, or will the carpet be away from entrances?
- Will the carpet receive direct sunlight?
Your answers will determine many of your choices, from color to carpet construction and more. If you still have questions, your carpet dealer should be able to help give you expert guidance.
Here are a few things to consider before selecting your carpet:
- High Traffic Households
- Households with Elderly Individuals
- Pets in the Home
- Heated Flooring
- Outdoor Carpet