Why Choose Wall to Wall Carpet?
With its nearly unlimited colour and texture choices, carpet offers versatility like no other flooring option. It is the flooring choice that offers maximum comfort, heat and sound insulation. It is also the safest option for all ages.
Watch this 3-minute video and see how carpet can improve your IAQ (Indoor Air Quality)
There are many benefits to carpet, which includes:
Reduces Asthma And Allergies
Carpet will improve your indoor air quality, with a very positive effect. Gravity causes common household particles, such as dust, pollen and pet/insect dander, to fall to the floor. Carpet fibres trap the particles, reducing their continued circulation in the air. Regular vacuuming removes dust and allergens from the carpet, locks them in the machine and helps keep them out of the air we breathe.
Softens Slips And Falls
Carpet is ideal for cushioning our footsteps, reducing slips and falls and minimizing injuries when falls do occur. Carpet provides safety protection for the whole family, but especially for toddlers and older individuals.
Quality carpets with the right care can last for many years.
Big screen TVs, speaker phones, computers and modern sound systems make our homes noisy places. Carpet helps absorb these sounds. Adding a cushion pad beneath your carpet reduces noise even further. Carpet also works as a sound barrier between floors by helping to block sound transmission to rooms below. Furthermore, carpet on stairs helps mask the sound of constant foot traffic.
Mould grows in any moist environment where organic compounds provide nutrients. When carpet is kept clean and dry, mould simply cannot grow on synthetic fibres.
Nothing beats the softness of carpet flooring. Carpet also provides a comfortable place to sit, play or work and gives a room an overall warmer feeling.
Carpet provides actual thermal resistance, or R-value. In colder climates or seasons, it retains warm air longer, an energy conservation benefit.
With its large selection of colours, textures and patterns, carpeting can be tailored to complement any décor.
Choosing the right carpet
Before you buy Carpet, it may seem like a simple element in your home – but choosing the right carpeting can be a challenge. The qualified carpeting experts at Victorious Carpet & Flooring can help you carefully balance your flooring budget against quality and home décor considerations to ensure your carpet selection looks great and can stand the test of time. When it comes time to installing your new carpet, our professional in-home installers will treat your project as their top priority.
Carpeting comes in many varieties. Consider these factors as you shop for carpet flooring:
The most common carpeting is made of polyester. It’s comfortable, durable, and stain resistant. Other options include wool, nylon, and olefin (polypropylene), each with unique characteristics and benefits.
Colour And Style
Dark coloured carpet can add intimacy to a room, but they can also show every piece of lint attracted to the floor. Lighter colours can brighten a room, but can also soil easily. From berber to plush, the colour and style combinations of carpet flooring seem endless.
Like most investments for your home, carpet flooring comes in a variety of grades – and budgets. Lower cost carpets may need to be replaced sooner, so the overall investment may not pay off.
Differences in Carpet Cushions / Underpad
Basic underpad vs. Upgraded underpad… Does it really matter? Let’s watch this short video that puts them to a test.
Why Use A Carpet Pad?
- Softness: This one is obvious. A layer of good carpet cushion gives your home a softness that makes it feel like your feet sink right into the floor.
- Insulation: Carpet padding can make it easier to maintain the perfect temperature in your home by adding an extra layer of insulation.
- Increased carpet longevity: Carpet padding puts in a great deal of work in protecting your carpet in the long run. A dense carpet cushion supports and protects the backing of your carpet by absorbing most of the impact from foot traffic and furniture.
- Protective film barrier: Many carpet cushion products now come with a protective film or barrier that stops fluids from penetrating into the backing, underpad and subfloor. This is especially helpful whenever spills or pet accidents are a concern.
Tips for Picking the Best Carpet for Your Lifestyle
underNow that you understand the benefits of padding, how do you go about choosing the right carpet underpad? We have a few tips;
- Don’t get fooled by carpet padding thickness!
- Carpet shoppers often mistake thickness as the sole guarantee of a good, quality cushion. But carpet padding’s thickness, or height, is lower in the quality hierarchy than its density. In most cases, flooring professionals judge both underpad and carpet by their density first, and then the other attributes follow. The majority of carpets, from plush to Berber carpet and beyond, perform best with a carpet underpad with a thickness of 7/16 inch and 8 lb in density. Some carpets require slightly different thickness and density underpads, but they are mostly an exception.